VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

VW

I tried a new ignition switch and still have no wipers no OD

Customer Question
no clock ??? What do...
I tried a new ignition switch and still have no wipers no OD no clock ??? What do I try next
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: VW
3/6/2016
VW Mechanic: Wolfgang, VW Master Technician replied 1 year ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician

Hi again. Is the brake light on still on the dash?

I do need a vin # ***** get the wiring diagram. Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
If I put the wiper switch al the way down I can here and feel the delay working and the washer pump works fine

Let me see the diagram. This will take a bit but I will get back

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I sure hope you find something thanks
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Have you found anything yet

sorry please check fuse 5 to make sure fuse is good . if that is ok then at the wiper motor with a volt meter do you have battery voltage at pin1 black/gray wire

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok I will check and get back to u

ok

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What about the OD and the clock

there is a good chance you have a bad soldier joint on the circuit board.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
They were all working when I parked the car about a year ago

Corrosion and moisture may have taken place inside. also can be a connector contact issue. Have you tried unplug and connect again to see any difference

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have tried that at the column that is when I found out that the delay relay was working but I did not no where or what plugs to try next

the cluster needs to be removed to get to the plugs behind!!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The instrument cluster or the fuse panel?

instrument cluster!!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What about the wipers are they attached to the instrument cluster as well

separate. did you check power and ground at the wiper motor as i have posted earlier?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Not yet been working I will get back to you and let you know what I find thanks

ok got it!!

vwnewton
vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced