VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

Right side blinker does work on the front or back of my 2012…

Customer Question
Right side blinker does...

Right side blinker does work on the front or back of my 2012 jetta tdi, i replaced all bulbs and fuses but still doesn't work

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Bought the car wrecked so I don't know history of car. the light on the instrument cluster said light not working. right side tail light works but not right side brake light also right side blinkers don't work on front or back

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: VW
3/5/2016
VW Mechanic: Chris(aka-Moose), VW Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), VW Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

This is going to require electrical and scan tool testing. We need to know if the vehicle electrical systems control module is getting the right turn signal command from the switch. If it is then the VESCM is faulty.

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If your confused on why or how to rate me, let me know.

I'm only paid from the deposit you've made when you rate 3,4, or 5 stars.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

Where is the control module on this car so I can try to trace it
i'm not getting much cooperation or help locating this problem, can you just refund my account or do I have to call customer service since i'm dissatisfied

You would call or email the website to get a refund. Rating bad does not result in a refund.

Thanks for letting me try to help you.

well i asked a very simple question, where is the electrical control module and you still can't answer that question, Why?

I was not online when you replied at 10am.

Your last post was "i'm not getting much cooperation or help locating this problem, can you just refund my account or do I have to call customer service since i'm dissatisfied"

I have to assume based on what you said you no longer want me to help. Do you want to close the post out and get a refund or do you want me to help?

lets see if you can help me diagnose the problem, where the module and we an go from there

Super,

Below is a link to the wire diagram.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/control.pdf

Below are some images of it and description of it and how to remove it. It is part of the fuse/relay panel left side of the dash.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/VESCM.pdf

Hello again Chris here,

1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.

2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.

3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help and or need me to help more. If so please do reply.

4) I have an option to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help.

Thanks Chris