VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

Fesperman I have a 2007 VSw Passat 2.0 and the engine light…

Customer Question
Fesperman I have a...

Fesperman I have a 2007 VSw Passat 2.0 and the engine light came on yesterday when I was close to my home ..

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Well it is not oil the oil level is full and the engine seemed ready to die and the temp gauge was at 200

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: VW
3/4/2016
VW Mechanic: internal88, VW Mechanic replied 2 years ago
internal88
internal88, VW Mechanic

Hello, I'm Brandon - VW tech.

It could be a misfire code. However we will need to properly diagnose it.

These vehicle has a computer that store the trouble code. First you will need to scan the vehicle with an OBD2 scanner.

You could buy the scanner at the autozone store for about $80 or they could help you scan it.

Once you retrieve the code , then I can help you define the problem.

Please rate me positive.

internal88
internal88
internal88, VW Mechanic