VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

VW

I HAVE A 2006 VW TOUREG 3.2 AND IT HAS THESE CODES 00020,

Customer Question
I HAVE A 2006 VW...
I HAVE A 2006 VW TOUREG 3.2 AND IT HAS THESE CODES 00020, 00768,00773,00010,AND 00769 WHAT COULD BE THE PROBLEM? IT RUNS GOOD AND A LITTLE ROUGH INTERMITENTLLY. I HAVE A SCANNER SO I PULLED THESE CODES AND SEE THAT THEY COULD ALL BE RELATED??
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: VW
3/2/2016
VW Mechanic: peterpete190, Technician replied 1 year ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

The first thing that needs done here is to have the codes cleared out then operate the vehicle and see which codes come back first then these would be the codes needing diagnosed.Can you clear out these codes and then operate the vehicle and let me know which comes back first here?

Let me know,thanks Pete.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

I HAVE DONE THAT AND THIS IS WHAT I HAVE COME UP WITH. THANKS

O.k.,looking through my info on the codes you have here my info isnt listing them myself.I apologize for this.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

VW Mechanic: Wolfgang, VW Master Technician replied 1 year ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.

i do need some more info ...

1. i do need a vin # ***** the vehicle
  2. what scan tool are you using make and model?
  3. any recent repairs on the vehicle before the codes showed up?
  4. any recent accidents?

thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

SNAP ON SOLUS, NO REPAIRS OR ACCIDENTS GETTING THE VIN NOW SORRY FOR THE DELAY! THANKS!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

VIN # *****

IT HAS HAD NO REPAIRS OR ACCIDENTS

SNAP ON SOLUS

ok your solus has euro or did you scan with global?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

I BELIEVE IT HAS EURO

if it has euro you would have to select volkswagen from the main screen then i use expert mode and then select 01 engine electronics and then use scan codes .

let me know if you can get the p codes for me than the 5 digit codes

thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK working on that now I will get right back to you thank you
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
P0014, P0300,P0305,P0303,P000A,and P0301

Ok give a few moments to review these and will get back shortly

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

ANY LUCK?

ok you have a camshaft adjuster sticking. the remedy to resolve this is both camshaft adjuster gears, the oil control of the cam gear adjusters. what happens is the screen that keeps the big debris out of the timing case( electric oil control) has torn and got lodged in the timing case and the gear.

that will rectify the issue of timing and the misfires!!

anything else?

if not.....

I try to be online 365 days a year.

I only earn a paycheck when a customer rates me EXCELLENT, GOOD, or OK.

This rating is VERY IMPORTANT! Your rating compensates me on my time and my expertise on your issue!

A lot of the repair information, fixes, or radio codes are hard to come by!!

So please rate me above!!!! Bonuses are also greatly appreciated!!!

If I have not addressed your original question to your liking yet, I hope you will reply and continue working with me, since your charged the full question value, regardless if you rate negative or not at all. If you rate me now, do not worry, you can still reply later to me.

Thanks

Wolfgang

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Is this a big job? Can you show my some diagrams on how it's done?

Very big job engine and trans removed on a lift table to gain view when replacing it the gears and timing case. Intake, valve cover , rear upper timing cover needs to be removed to gain access. Done few of these repairs.

Go to this link.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?7008376-Timing-Chain-Question!

Wolfgang
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician