VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

Want to know where relay is or how to fix po685

Customer Question
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: VW
VW Mechanic: Kevin, VW Mechanic replied 2 years ago

Please let me know if you need anything else and remember to rate my service

Sorry but relay never mad a diffrent I'm lost! I have no spark is that what relay does?

The relay powers up ecm have you checked fuses?

all fuses are good! There is power at relay! This doesn't make sense! I have fuel ! No spark took coil pack out of hole put spark plug in nothing!
This car maybe has a bad crank sensor and this is a false code?

My info system is down i would expect two terminals to have power with ignition on for relay to work il get back to you once ive got wiring diagram up

Do not have power in two places! Just one
It was not crank sensor

I can find diagram il opt out as another tech may have this but the input missing from relay is your issue but without diagram i dont know where it comes from

VW Mechanic: Juan Crespo, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, ASE Certified Technician

Unplug the relay and check for power at socket terminals 30/1 and 86/3. If only 30/1 has power, there is an open circuit in the relay panel - you could temporarily bridge the terminals, then plug the relay back in and see if the engine starts.