VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

My VW Passat has a dent in the rear fender on the passenger…

Customer Question
my VW Passat has a...
my VW Passat has a dent in the rear fender on the passenger side only. I was told at the dealership they could "bump" it out and paint it, but they wanted something like $750 to do it. Doesn't that sound high? the car is 3 years old.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: VW
2/26/2016
VW Mechanic: internal88, VW Mechanic replied 2 years ago
internal88
internal88, VW Mechanic

Hello, I'm Brandon - VW tech.

Yes, typically the dealer charge little higher than private shop. Something they will outsource to another shop.

Not seeing the picture. I would recommend you going to three other shop to compare the price. You should be looking at in the $500 range.

Where are you located, maybe I could recommend a shop.