VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

VW

I have intermittent problem with my lighting of my 2011

Customer Question
hello! I have intermittent problem...
hello! I have intermittent problem with my lighting of my 2011 Jetta tdi sportwagen.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Address 09: Cent. Elect. Labels: 1K0-937-08x-09.clbControl Module Part Number: 5K0 937 084 G HW: 5K0 937 084 G Component and/or Version: BCM PQ35 B (###) ###-#### Software Coding: 2F380E1F802F3EC4008800817000004441000086535D0560648020200040 Work Shop Code: WSC 00066 000 00000 VCID: 364DD698814F7D8E94-806213 Faults Found:00927 - Terminal 30 (Right) 011 - Open Circuit - Intermittent Freeze Frame: Fault Status: 00101011 Fault Priority: 1 Fault Frequency: 42 Reset counter: 195 Mileage: 134562 km Time Indication: 0 Date: 2016.02.15 Time: 06:00:05 Freeze Frame: Term 15 On Voltage: 13.80 V ON ON OFF OFF ON00979 - Lamp for Low Beam; Right (M31) 010 - Open or Short to Plus Freeze Frame: Fault Status: 01101010 Fault Priority: 1 Fault Frequency: 135 Reset counter: 155 Mileage: 134562 km Time Indication: 0 Date: 2016.02.05 Time: 07:11:29 Freeze Frame: Term 15 On Voltage: 11.90 V ON ON OFF OFF ON
JA: OK got it. Last thing — VW Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: VW
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Please see log file attached.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
When I measure the voltage on one of the working tail light I got only 4 volts
2/27/2016
VW Mechanic: Wolfgang, VW Master Technician replied 1 year ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.

there is some more questions i need to know

1. i do need the vin #
  2. was this vehicle in an accident?
  3. any recent repairs before this ?
  4. what happens when you clear the faults what faults return?
  5. what lights do work ?
  6. any other information can may help!!

thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
VIN# *****
No accident
No repair before the problem with the lights
I didn't clear the fault code, because I want to keep the code there for the dealer troubleshoot.Lights that work
Driver side - head light, tail light, break light, side ***** *****ght, day time running light
Passenger side - front turn signalDriver side tail light measures 4 volts, (I measure from the light socket and the "-" on the batteryLight does not work
Driver side - front turn signal
Passenger side - head light, tail light, rear turn signalThank you!

Any aftermarket items on the vehicle ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Not that I know of, I'm the second owner of the car.

Ok you cannot check voltages with using output test with scan tool to get voltages at the light connectors. The voltage is pulse width modulated = duty cycle

vwnewton
vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced