VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

Having a hard time starting after vehicle sis changed fuel…

Customer Question
Having a hard time starting...
Having a hard time starting after vehicle sis for awhile changed fuel filter and problem still there fuel pump send to be workin
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: VW
2/24/2016
VW Mechanic: Wolfgang, VW Master Technician replied 2 years ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.

need to get more info!!

1. is the check engine light on?
  2. any recent work performed before the fuel filter replacement?
  3. any recent accidents?
  4. is this when cold or when hot it acts up?

please let me know

No accidents or any repairs lately just staryed one day it seems to be loosing its prime first thougyt was the filter that didnt work second was fuel pump but it seems to be runnjng just fine

to get it started do you press the accelerator down a bit to get it running?

No just crank it if i press the pedal down seems to make it harder to start

Let's try this. You will need some carburetor cleaner. Take the throttle body off and clean off the black residue built up. This residue can reduce air at start up and cause starting issues.

Let me know if that make the starting much better.

I dont think that is the case as it takes several minutes to start that would just be a minor starting problem but i will clean it anyways the vehicle is loosing fuel prjme i believe so its a presuure regulator or something

When you open the door like first thing does the fuel pump run for 3 secs?

Not that i kmow of ur saying the fuel pump should run when u open the car door
I just check and yes it does when i open the door the fuel pump does kick on

Does the issue occurs when it is damp or wet weather?

Nonit happens everhtime any condition

I wonder this. Ignition switch. Does the blower motor work when it does not start

im sorry but have been of no help and everything i have told u u are coming up with off the wall atuff the problem is a fuel problem loosing prime either crack in fueline or pressure rwgulator or something else but u have not helped one bit i will take it to a shop before i waste ano th er day with this site thanks and sorry
vwnewton
vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced