VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

My back window went down and now will not go up. It is the…

Customer Question
My back window went...

My back window went down and now will not go up. It is the back passenger window behind the driver's side. It is a 2003 VW Beetle convertible.

Mechanic's Assistant: Nice car. The VW Mechanic can help you with your '03 Beetle. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

I cannot hear anything when I push the button. ie. no motor sound.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

I would like to - recently single mom with only alimony to support me.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you ready to speak with the VW Mechanic now?

I am not ready to work on the car in the rain but if he can tell me what is wrong, I think I can get the parts and do it.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: VW
2/24/2016
VW Mechanic: Don - Mo Lurch, VW Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, VW Mechanic

.

sorry for the delay............
.
Greetings...... “Hi, I’m Don (aka MOLurch) and I look forward to helping you!”
.
There is a TECH Bulletin for this issue
Click Attachment below
You will need to remove the Panel & the Regulator to check the problem
It takes a certain amount of special tools & if you have not done this before, then you may want to seek someone local to do this.
Voltage & Ground needs to be checked at Window Motor to confirm the Ground & Voltage is reversing

Use of a VOM is needed to test
The way it works:
Ignition On
Switch held in Up position
One wire will have 12 Volts +
One wire will have Ground -

Switch held in Down position
The wire that had 12 Volts + is now Ground -
The wire that was Ground - is now 12 Volts +

If Voltage or Ground checks good at motor, replace motor.
If Voltage or Ground does not check good:
Check Switch Voltage & Ground.
Check for broken wires at Door / Kick Panel Boot

.
IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating.
.
Please do the right thing and leave a rating, using the rating system, so I may be credited for this Q&A.
.
NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.
The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed.
.
If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
.
Rating is very Important to our Service
.

.
Hello again Lurch here.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about.

If I have helped, please RATE my answer

I would appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

If you have already rated my answer, then Thanks alot.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them.

If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.
.
.