VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

2012 Volkswagen vetta.. Have two engine codes coming up

Customer Question
01169 and 01674.. Any idea...
2012 Volkswagen vetta.. Have two engine codes coming up 01169 and 01674.. Any idea what it is and how to fix it?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: VW
2/22/2016
VW Mechanic: Kevin, VW Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Kevin
Kevin, VW Mechanic

Hi I'm Kevin what engine do you have fitted?

2.5

Let me look at my info il come back to you

Neither of these codes are listed in my system what are you scanning with ? Do you have the description and p codes that came with these codes?

Using a snap on modis

Ok first whats the battery like ? Condition wise? Can you do actuations if so you should be able to actuate the secondary air injection valve whilst activating you will hear it clicking

Hey i turned the secondary air injection on sounded like a blower fan

It should be clicking ?

Are you talking about the valve?

Yes

No i dont hear the valve clicking

i would replace this valve before going any further and try activation again

Where is it at?

On left hand side in engine bay you should see the charcoal canister (black box) follow pipe from this unit towards inlet manifold and there will be a valve this is the part

Rechecking my info and im not sure thats correct im gonna opt out see if another tech can be more sure

More sure on what?
VW Mechanic: Wolfgang, VW Master Technician replied 2 years ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician

Hello there I'm Wolfgang here to help. On your modis do you have euro loaded or is this from obdii? Second I do need a vin # ***** get the factory repair info and diagrams. FYI I'm a factory Vw master tech. Thanks

I have euro
What else do you need?

Ok i see in your convo that you have activated the air pump. In that same way you will need a stethoscope and set the scan tool to activate the secondary air valve. That valve is located on the back of the motor where the pressure pipe is connected to. Activate the valve and there should be some clicking there. If not then the valve is no good and needs to be replaced. Now since you are there replace the plastic pipe also that goes to the valve. They get brittle and crack. The pipe kit and valve get from the dealer because of updates to the parts.

Then clear faults. Start the car and then turn it off. Start car again Then with scan tool go to expert mode then 01 engine electronics then 04 basic settings then enter 200. Then activate on. Then gas and brake at the same time and hold till done to perform the tests.

Correct!

checking in to see any progress?

anything else?

if not.....

I try to be online 365 days a year.

I only earn a paycheck when a customer rates me Ok, Good, Excellent.

This rating is VERY IMPORTANT! Your rating compensates me on my time and my expertise on your issue!

A lot of the repair information and fixes are hard to come by!!

So please rate me above!!!! Bonuses are also greatly appreciated!!!

If I have not addressed your original question to your liking yet, I hope you will reply and continue working with me, since your charged the full question value, regardless if you rate negative or not at all. If you rate me now, do not worry, you can still reply later to me.

Thanks

Wolfgang

I havent got the part yet ill let you know what happens

got it!!!