VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

I disconnected the battery on my 2002 jetta now it wont

Customer Question
start...
I disconnected the battery on my 2002 jetta now it wont start
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: VW
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/21/2016
VW Mechanic: Wolfgang, VW Master Technician replied 2 years ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.

ok the first thing i need to know when you turn the key on ... on the dash does the yellow check engine light come on ?

please let me know

But it was already on before this i took it in to the local autozone so they could scan it but their scaner didnt pull anything up

great that means that the ecu is live.. if you look on top of the battery the fuse box if you lift the lid are there any meltdown or loose cables

I already figured it out it was the crankshaft sensor thanks for nothing
VW Mechanic: vwtech0405, VW Technician replied 2 years ago
vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician
Phone call session started