VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

My vw beetle is a 2001 right now I think I may have a

Customer Question
My vw beetle is...

My vw beetle is a 2001 right now I think I may have a problem with the turbo. When I press on the gas lots of white smoke comes out from the muffler

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a VW. The VW Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

That's mainly the issue I am having right now with it. it's not leaking any oil just white smoke when pressing on gas. It still runs good

Mechanic's Assistant: Leaks can get messy. The VW Mechanic will know what to do. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

Hopefully I could fix it myself

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the VW Mechanic should know about your VW?

No ma'am

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: VW
2/19/2016
VW Mechanic: gomi_otaku, VW Technician replied 2 years ago
gomi_otaku
gomi_otaku, VW Technician

Typicallywhite smoke is coolant. Are you experiencing coolant loss?

Do you have a check engine light on when running?