vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

Trunk will not open with the remote key or the switch in the

Customer Question

Trunk will not open with the remote key or the switch in the driver door
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a VW. The VW Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Cannt open the trunk other with wire in the back
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Hope so been on the vw service station to day they. cant fix it
JA: Is there anything else the VW Mechanic should be aware of about your VW?
Customer: Vw Eos FSI 2.0l 2006
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the VW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.

i have a couple of questions for you .

1. are there any lights on in the dash showing the top is open ?
  2. does the convertible top work its full cycle open and closed?

please let me know

thanks