VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

My name is ***** *****. I had a CEL come on in my 2011 jetta…

Customer Question
My name is *****...

My name is ***** *****. I had a CEL come on in my 2011 jetta tdi. the code is P048E, all my research says it is high voltage to the exhaust pressure control valve position sensor do I have to change the valve? The connector was damaged then repaired a year ago so I'm suspecting the repair at this point. When I was looking at the wiring harness it looked like there was a smaller harness coming off the main harness, that is what I was looking for

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I don't think the valve is sticking based on the error code I received

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: VW
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/19/2016
VW Mechanic: vwtech0405, VW Technician replied 2 years ago
vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician

This fault is related to the exhaust flap more then likely the flaps spring is stuck and causing this issue . It's located in the middle of the exhaust , the good thing is that there is a Vw warranty extension on his issue and it's covered for up to 100,000 miles have them check it and they should cover it under the warranty extension . I hope this helps .

Please don't forget to provide positive feedback for the help provided we as experts rely on this thank you