VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

I have a 2011 jetta with 2.5L and the oïl pressure is not…

Customer Question
Hi my name Is...

Hi my name Is Luc And i have a 2011 jetta with 2.5L and the oïl pressure is not good, put the engine to 2000 RPM the pressure climb to 45 lbs but drop to 25 lbs. Release vlave problem?

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

More detail like?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: VW
oïl pan was clean, oïl pick up tube clean of all deposit.
2/16/2016
VW Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and thank you for your question,

Is the check engine light coming on and if so are you getting any fault codes?

no fault code nothing in memory

Is the engine making any noise?

no noise from the engine

Im not sure you have any problem here, your oil pressure appears to be with in VWs specs. The factory specs at idle , should be 1.2-2.1 bar (17.4-30.4 PSI) of pressure. At 2000 RPM, there should be 1.6-2.1 bar (23.2-30.4 PSI) of pressure and at 3700 RPM, there should be 3.0-4.5 bar (43.5-58 PSI) of pressure.

why at 2000rpm the pressure pass 45lsb and drop to 25lbs a 2000rpm
iddle the pressur is 16 lbs a think that is to low no??

23 to 30 PSI is consider normal at 2000 RPM. Im not seeing a problem here if your readings are correct. The pressure need to be measured when the RPM is steady, Yes 16 is a bit low but you stated it was at 25 PSI at idle. So now its at 16 PSI. If you are not getting any engine noise I do not think you have a problem here.

you do not have the same spec than me the spec i have is at 2000 RPM 2.7 to 4.5 bar.. so 39.5 to 65 psi.. what is the good spec??

There are the Specs I have.

At idle, there should be 1.2-2.1 bar (17.4-30.4 PSI) of pressure.

At 2000 RPM, there should be 1.6-2.1 bar (23.2-30.4 PSI) of pressure.

At 3700 RPM, there should be 3.0-4.5 bar (43.5-58 PSI) of pressure.

idle spec is 1.2 to 1.6 bar ... 17.4 to 23 lbs. why it is the spec that The shop key pro demand give?

Im not sure with shop Key specs. Mine are VW specs.

can you tell me why the pressure drop like that?

Im not sure why it drop and Im not sure its a problem if it levels out at steady RPM.

ok but the engine oïl pressure light is open on idle the two pressure sensor is new but the light still on

Okay then I would check the signal and connection to them both. See the steps in the link below to do so. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view them.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Oil%20pressure.%20Feb%2016.pdf

this verification have been already done

Okay then I am out of ideas. I can open the post back up for you if you would like, perhaps someone else may have something different to offer.