vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

I've got a 2001 vw passat I just replaced the engine with a

Customer Question

I've got a 2001 vw passat I just replaced the engine with a 2002 Passat engine. Both were 1.8t and both same engine code. I've got the car on jack stands still. When the starter wire that runs from the ba5tery to it was grounded out to the engine block. When I hooked the battery up it started sparking so I stopped there n traced down where it had grounded out. Now my epc light is on n the car fires right up then dies. Every now n then it will stay running for about 30 seconds and idles up n down. But most of the time it dies with in a couple seconds.fuel pump is working and all fuses are good.
Category: VW
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 1 year ago.

do you have a scan tool or way to check it for faults?