VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

Stop to fuel up and my 2009 vw cc wouldn't start. It turns…

Customer Question
Stop to fuel up...

Stop to fuel up and my 2009 vw cc wouldn't start. It turns over but sounds funny sort of hollow sound, pulled plug and its wet with fuel. I dont think its getting any fire

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Car was running fine

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: VW
2/13/2016
VW Mechanic: Martin, auto electrical replied 2 years ago
Martin, auto electrical

Hello, Welcome to Just Answer.

The sound might indicate that the cam belt has stripped teeth and now it's no longer turning the camshaft.

The only way to tell is to undo the top part of the cambelt cover. Crank the engine and observe if the belt is tuning.

This should answer you question but should you need more information please do not hesitate to ask.

Greetings,

Martin.