Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician
Experience:  Senior VW Master Tech 15 yrs
19871424

Can you find me radio code?

Customer Question

Can you find me radio code?
Category: VW
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The serial number is *****
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.

FYI if you have purchased a second hand radio it has been documented that the etched serial # ***** the electronic serial # ***** be different due to piecing 2 stereo's into one so be beware!!
here is your serial # ***** radio code:

Radio data

Serial number: VWZ5Z7C1200408
PIN: 1421

anything else?

if not.....

I try to be online 365 days a year.

I only earn a paycheck when a customer rates me Ok, Good, Excellent.

This rating is VERY IMPORTANT! Your rating compensates me on my time and my expertise on your issue!

A lot of the repair information and fixes are hard to come by!!

So please rate me above!!!! Bonuses are also greatly appreciated!!!

If I have not addressed your original question to your liking yet, I hope you will reply and continue working with me, since your charged the full question value, regardless if you rate negative or not at all. If you rate me now, do not worry, you can still reply later to me.

Thanks

Wolfgang

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do I need to code for the old radio to type in the new one? I got this one at a junk yard?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That code did not work
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

this serial # ***** ***** # ***** the radio of the new radio that you have purchased?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

the only way to get the code is through scan tool and get the electronic serial # to get the correct code. i have seen this before where 2 radios are pieced together to one . VAG COM VCDS is the scan tool of choice

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What does it mean that they are pieced together as one?
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

the faceplate has the serial # ***** and may be different than the body of the radio which has the etched serial #

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you give me the code for VWZ5Z7C5102630
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

Radio data

Serial number: VWZ5Z7C5102630

PIN: 1869

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay. If I get an aftermarket radio I wouldn't need a code right? Like one from Walmart or whatever
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

correct

Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

if not.....

I try to be online 365 days a year.

Thanks

Wolfgang

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay and what kind of wiring harness etc. would I need?
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

they sell adapter harnesses at best buy

Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

Hi!. I think i have accomplished my task so i do appreciate to take care of your part and leave positive feedback for my assistance.

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Gonna try another radio! Once you give me this code I will rate.Serial number is
VWZ5Z7B1065575
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

Radio data

Serial number: VWZ5Z7B1065575

PIN: 0660

Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

Here you go!!