VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

06 passat 2.0t won't start no dtc

Customer Question
06 passat 2.0t won't start no dtc
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: VW
2/7/2016
VW Mechanic: Wolfgang, VW Master Technician replied 2 years ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.

i do need more information please

1. why was the sensor and coils replaced?
  2. was there codes stored before the repairs?
  3. any recent accidents?
  4. any other info may help on your issue

thanks

misfire on cylinder 2 and 3 and bad camshaft sensor were codes originally on there. no accidents

ok you had a p0302 and p0303 and what was the last code to make sure?

sounds about right it's been a while since the codes we cleared

do you remember the last code #?

no I do not like I said it's been a long time

lets makes sure of this if you turn the ignition on does the check engine light come on in the cluster?

it does

that is good thing . now if you have the air cleaner off.. at the intake manifold there is a sensor held by one bolt remove and shoot carb cleaner in the hole for 5 seconds . place the sensor back in the manifold and crank the car to see if it will at least kick over ,

use pic for reference!! let me know