VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

How do I find the "channels in the head secondary air…

Customer Question
How do I find the...
How do I find the "channels in the head for the secondary air system"?What length and size drill bit is needed?Thanks,Markgomi_otakuVW MechanicThe P0491 and 0492 are caused by a buildup of carbon in the channels in the head for the secondary air system. It requires you to bore these channels back out with an extra long drill bit of the appropriate size.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: VW
2/3/2016
VW Mechanic: Wolfgang, VW Master Technician replied 2 years ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.

the cylinder heads needs to be removed and the exhaust valves removed to drill out the carbon to have a clean passage way again.

see the attached pic for a better explaination!!

anything else?

if not.....

I try to be online 365 days a year.

I only earn a paycheck when a customer rates me Ok, Good, Excellent.

This rating is VERY IMPORTANT! Your rating compensates me on my time and my expertise on your issue!

A lot of the repair information and fixes are hard to come by!!

So please rate me above!!!! Bonuses are also greatly appreciated!!!

If I have not addressed your original question to your liking yet, I hope you will reply and continue working with me, since your charged the full question value, regardless if you rate negative or not at all. If you rate me now, do not worry, you can still reply later to me.

Thanks

Wolfgang

How many hours labor should I expect a shop to charge for this job.Also, Passat also has P0351-3, but runs smoothly. Returns after 5-15 of minutes after cleared. What might be the root cause?

about 20 hrs. and the code either coil or wiring . more like wiring. check grounds

Wolfgang
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician