VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

02 beetle brakes slowly start locking while driving down the…

Customer Question
02 beetle brakes slowly start...
02 beetle brakes slowly start locking while driving down the highway. Stop, press brake pedal down hard and they release everytime. May only do that once, maybe twice a day.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: VW
2/2/2016
VW Mechanic: gomi_otaku, VW Technician replied 2 years ago
gomi_otaku
gomi_otaku, VW Technician

It is your brake booster. For some reason, on the diesels, this would happen (especially right after doing the brake light switch recall)

I haven't got the booster yet, if it works then I'll get back to you with a rating. I do appreciate the timely manner you got to me in. If it works, it'll be worth the money you charged. I'm a mechanic myself, and I believe in paying for knowledge.

Thats OK, if you receive reminders from the site to rate me they are automated.

Ok, I'll have another question later, but going to satisfy this problem first. I have been looking for a ALH engine with a 5 speed. This one only had 62,000 miles on it. Just love the little thing!!

Just watch out, there is a large blind spot in your right rear due to the large C pillar between that side window and the rear!