gomi_otaku
gomi_otaku, VW Technician
Experience:  VW FastTrack '00-'01, VW Academy Chicago and Seattle '00-present, VW Certified
12249065

02 beetle brakes slowly start locking while driving down the

Customer Question

02 beetle brakes slowly start locking while driving down the highway. Stop, press brake pedal down hard and they release everytime. May only do that once, maybe twice a day.
Category: VW
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 1 year ago.

It is your brake booster. For some reason, on the diesels, this would happen (especially right after doing the brake light switch recall)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I haven't got the booster yet, if it works then I'll get back to you with a rating. I do appreciate the timely manner you got to me in. If it works, it'll be worth the money you charged. I'm a mechanic myself, and I believe in paying for knowledge.
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 1 year ago.

Thats OK, if you receive reminders from the site to rate me they are automated.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I'll have another question later, but going to satisfy this problem first. I have been looking for a ALH engine with a 5 speed. This one only had 62,000 miles on it. Just love the little thing!!
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 1 year ago.

Just watch out, there is a large blind spot in your right rear due to the large C pillar between that side window and the rear!