VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

I have a 2002 jetta. i'm not 100% sure but it looks like i…

Customer Question
Hello, i have a...

Hello, i have a 2002 jetta. i'm not 100% sure but it looks like i have coolant leaking from the radiator drain. it happens when i shut the car off. i just replaced the coolant temp sensor, ignition coil and spark plugs a week ago. car was running fun until now.what might cause the leakage?

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

.umm....everything was fine. today i noticed the temp gauge inside car go past the 190 degree mark....when i stoped car i could see cooling pouring out off splash guard on driver side...i've narrowed it to around the radiator drain area....it doesnt happen when car is idle...temp rising when driving...and leaks out when car is turned off

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: VW
1/22/2016
VW Mechanic: Kevin, VW Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Kevin
Kevin, VW Mechanic

Hi im kevin it does sound very much as though you just need to replace rad and bleed system.the trouble you have is that once coolant level lower air enters the system inplace of missing coolant and this causes exess pressure in system once warm .you tend to find this is worse when car is running because engine is working harder and system runs hotter .