VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

I HAVE NO UP SHIFT ON A 2004 1.8T JETTA ONLY 105K I SUSPECT…

Customer Question
HI I HAVE NO UP...
HI I HAVE NO UP SHIFT ON A 2004 1.8T JETTA ONLY 105K I SUSPECT N92 SELENOID
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: VW
1/22/2016
VW Mechanic: gomi_otaku, VW Technician replied 2 years ago
gomi_otaku
gomi_otaku, VW Technician

Do you have the ability to scan faults in the transmission control module?

Have you checked transmission fluid level?

Is your check engine light on?

What makes you suspect the N92?

No I don't have the scanner but read a lot about n 92 making the system go to limp mode
No response?

OK- it could be any number of things, replacing solenoids is an expensive test when you could scan the system for faults instead.

A dealership scan tool, Snap-On or other major brand name, or Ross-Tech VAG-COM software will work for this. The parts stores usually have a scan tool and will scan for free, but their scan tools will usually only do the Engine control module.