VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

Ok so I have a 02 Jetta and have problems with the car. It…

Customer Question
Ok so I have a...
Ok so I have a 02 Jetta and have problems with the car. It will not start no power on fuse 32 34 43 power on relay 409 cuts off as soon as I hook it to the panel any ideas on this
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: VW
1/22/2016
VW Mechanic: Wolfgang, VW Master Technician replied 2 years ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.

i do need more information please . i do need the vin # ***** get the factory repair information of your vehicle. second when you turn on the ignition does the check engine light come on in the dash?

please let me know

it does when I take the 409 relay off and put it back on it turns the pump on for a second then it shuts off that's the normal cycle but after that it will never come on unless we take it off again

but when you just turn on the ignition like you are going to start the car the light is on or off?

Light it's on

ok i do need a vin # ***** !!

also do you have a scan tool to see what codes are stored?

No codes the vin # *****

is fuse 29 good and do you have 12 volts on both sides of the fuse? please use volt meter!!

11.66 volts

while cranking do you have 12 volts on fuse 28?

power on all fuses except 32 34 43

ok then you need to look in back of the fuse box the same wire powers 28 powers 34 and 43 and you need to find the issue of that same wire!! its a blue wire. on the relay plate you will see a #87 to a threaded lug make sure that is tight if so you need to trace that wire from the relay plate to the fuse box!! then you will find your power issue!!!

I will do tomorrow and let you know what came up thank you

my pleasure!!

Lost power on fuse 28

ok what did you do ?

Nothing no power this morning I have checked it all day but no power to it

ok then do you check the threaded 87 on the relay panel?

I've checked the currency on the relay panel and fuse I have current on 8 and 9 from the relay fuse gets power for two seconds then shuts off and never gets it back

can you look at the battery fuse box to see if there is any melt down ? pic would be nice so i can see

thanks

Wolfgang
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician