vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

I have a 2006 Passat 3.6L with an intermittent check engine

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Passat 3.6L with an intermittent check engine light for the P12A2 code. The fuel pressure rail sensor and gas cap has been changed with no fix. Any suggestions?
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.

i do need more info please. i need a vin # ***** get the factory repair info of your vehicle please. second is that the only code or were there other codes also . please let me know