VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

I just replaced heater core on a 01 Jetta and now I'm

Customer Question
getting code p0445 p1472 p0418...
I just replaced heater core on a 01 Jetta and now I'm getting code p0445 p1472 p0418 p0414 p0037 check all fuses and relays all good also rechecked all under dash grounds and connections all ok I cleared codes and all cam back after start up.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: VW
1/22/2016
VW Mechanic: Wolfgang, VW Master Technician replied 2 years ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.

i do need more information!! i do need a vin # ***** get the factory wiring diagram to assist!!

thanks

vin number is ***** as for tool I have all the tool needed to test electrical systems. I know to check voltage at fuel pump relay and do the jumper wire test to see if it drops below 9 volts while cranking. An if so to test ign black wire for same voltage drop. And yes both tests it dropped to 7.8 volts bat voltage is 12.5 volts. For testing equipment I have a fluke88, SnapOn versus, Lang lab scope

ok is #43 fuse blown? please let me know?

Nope it not

ok do you have 12 volts at that fuse key on engine off?

have good voltage at fuse and panels. If you have not figured it out yet I am a auto tech like your self I'm just not a VW guy. For the most part I have stayed away from them except older ones.

if you go to the canister purge valve and read the voltage there what is it? one wire to ground then the other?

I found the problem in the ecu odd for this year of car. The sodder from one of the dio grew out and was touching another. I have only seen this on much newer car.

great to hear !!!

anything else?

if not.....

I try to be online 365 days a year.

I only earn a paycheck when a customer rates me Ok, Good, Excellent.

This rating is VERY IMPORTANT! Your rating compensates me on my time and my expertise on your issue!

A lot of the repair information and fixes are hard to come by!!

So please rate me above!!!! Bonuses are also greatly appreciated!!!

If I have not addressed your original question to your liking yet, I hope you will reply and continue working with me, since your charged the full question value, regardless if you rate negative or not at all. If you rate me now, do not worry, you can still reply later to me.

Thanks

Wolfgang