VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

Could you me what p1Z96 stands for Thanks
, temp doesnt…

Customer Question
Hi could you me...

Hi could you me what p1Z96 stands for Thanks

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Temp doesnt stay at 190 goes down wont stay at 190 doesnt go above 190

Mechanic's Assistant: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to VW Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?

Yes

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: VW
1/20/2016
VW Mechanic: Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH replied 2 years ago
Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH

Hi, my name is ***** ***** is the year make and model and engine in this?

2002 jetta 4 cil auto trans

and where are you seeing the P1Z96? is this a code ypu pulled from the computer?

this code was pulled

I dont show this s a valid code? are you sure on the code number?

what about my temp going down then going up 190 seems to have a mind of its own

that will be caused by abad thermostat in the engine, and it may be related to the code you got, but I would need the exact code number to tell you, did you pull the code your self? or did someone else do it?

when code was pulled was told that it looked like a dummy code I just wanted to be sure. As for the temp I was thinking bad thermostat

yes, the thermostat will be the cause of the heating issue, if the code was a P1Z96, then its a false code,Tim

Thanks Tim was just making sure, have a good day Bill

Anytime my friend, please dont forget to rate me, so I can get credit for helping,Thanks,Tim