VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

VW

Could you me what p1Z96 stands for Thanks
, temp doesnt

Customer Question
Customer: Hi could you me...
Customer: Hi could you me what p1Z96 stands for Thanks
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: temp doesnt stay at 190 goes down wont stay at 190 doesnt go above 190
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to VW Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: VW
1/20/2016
VW Mechanic: Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH replied 1 year ago
Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH

Hi, my name is ***** ***** is the year make and model and engine in this?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
2002 jetta 4 cil auto trans

and where are you seeing the P1Z96? is this a code ypu pulled from the computer?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
this code was pulled

I dont show this s a valid code? are you sure on the code number?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
what about my temp going down then going up 190 seems to have a mind of its own

that will be caused by abad thermostat in the engine, and it may be related to the code you got, but I would need the exact code number to tell you, did you pull the code your self? or did someone else do it?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
when code was pulled was told that it looked like a dummy code I just wanted to be sure. As for the temp I was thinking bad thermostat

yes, the thermostat will be the cause of the heating issue, if the code was a P1Z96, then its a false code,Tim

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks Tim was just making sure, have a good day Bill

Anytime my friend, please dont forget to rate me, so I can get credit for helping,Thanks,Tim

Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH