vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician
Experience:  VW Master Technician VW Certified
22815973

My vw passat 1.6 tdi has flashing glow plug light and engine

Customer Question

Customer: Hi,my vw passat 1.6 tdi has flashing glow plug light and engine management light ,OBD2 has shown fault codes below, please advise how to fix..P246E - Exhaust Gas Temperature Sensor Circuit Bank 1 Sensor 4 P246F - Exhaust Gas Temperature Sensor Circuit Range/Performance Bank 1 Sensor 4
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: and second code: P267E - "B" Rocker Arm Actuator Position Sensor Circuit Intermittent/Erratic Bank 2
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to VW Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes i will be be back in 40 mins..
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: VW
Expert:  vwtech0405 replied 1 year ago.

Ok you more then likely need a exhaust gas temperature sensor # ***** located after the diesel particle filter these are very common to fail and cause the issue you have i have attached a picture it is the sensor labeled # ***** G468.

I hope this helps please dont forget to provide positive feedback for the help provided we as experts rely no this to keep helping customers out

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am still waiting for the answer for the second issue ... You only answered the first point ... Please look again at my question
Expert:  vwtech0405 replied 1 year ago.

The second fault you listed what scan tool did you use to get this fault ??

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Used an OBD2 reader
Expert:  vwtech0405 replied 1 year ago.

A generic one ??

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  vwtech0405 replied 1 year ago.

I could not find anymore info on the second fault you have listed since we are vw tech based in the us market we don't have that engine and some things are differernt

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
To be honest that should have been told to me first .... How do I get my money back ... I'm not at all happy with the service
Expert:  vwtech0405 replied 1 year ago.

I will put the request for refund for you

Expert:  vwtech0405 replied 1 year ago.

request sent