gomi_otaku
gomi_otaku, VW Technician
Experience:  VW FastTrack '00-'01, VW Academy Chicago and Seattle '00-present, VW Certified
12249065

Comfort control module in a 2003 Beetle GLS
, Car shut

Customer Question

Customer: Comfort control module in a 2003 Beetle GLS
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Car shut down in traffic. Dealer says it was the comfort contol module
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to VW Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: VW
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 1 year ago.

So what information are you looking for, if the dealer already told you what the problem is? How to replace it? It needs to be coded from the dealer for the functions you have, and the remotes need to be coded to it as well.

I've never hear of one making your car die in traffic though. Did it ever restart?