VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

When I start my 99 VW Passat the chimp beeps 3 minutes and…

Customer Question
When I start my 99...
When I start my 99 VW Passat the chimp beeps for over 3 minutes and if I turn my lights on it has a long buzz. Is there a relay that controls this that I can remove and if not how do I make stop
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: VW
1/17/2016
VW Mechanic: vwtech0405, VW Technician replied 2 years ago
vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician

Where is the buzz coming from ?? behind the dash or the drivers side floorboard area??

Under the dash
Are you going to answer?

Yes give me a minute we have a couple customers

Do you have any water damage on the drivers front floorboard ??

No and no I'm not paying an additional $18. Can you answer my question or not? Is there a relay that I can remove or do you know how to turn off the chime and buzzing?
I guess you don't. Please credit back my $.
No thank you. Just stop payment. I don't have 24 hours.
Why was I charged? My question was never answered.