VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

I have the code to reset my VW passat radio. However the…

Customer Question
Hi. I have the...

Hi. I have the code to reset my VW passat radio. However the first button stays on one the other 3 buttons are able to reset the code. Can I leave the car key in my ignition for a hour to reset the radio without the first number of the code?

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

The button to set my first code number go's from 1 to no number when I try to put in the correct code number

Mechanic's Assistant: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to VW Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?

Yes

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: VW
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
1/16/2016
VW Mechanic: Wolfgang, VW Master Technician replied 2 years ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.