peterpete190
peterpete190, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

I have a 1999 VW Beetle Turbo. My battery was quite low, and

Customer Question

Hi there: I have a 1999 VW Beetle Turbo. My battery was quite low, and as I was on my way to get it replaced, the dash indicator light for the automatic rear spoiler came on (I did not previously even know I had this feature). I've discovered the switch under the dash for automatic operation of the spoiler, however the indicator light is still on. How to I turn this off? Thank you very much. ~~Jenney Moore, Oregon
Category: VW
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you had low voltage there is a good chance that one or more fault codes set with this issue here and may have caused the light indicator to come on.What needs done is once the voltage issue is corrected to have the vehicle scanned for fault codes using a scan tool that will plug in and communicate with all computers.Once this is done any codes set will need to be cleared out/erased to see if this resolves the fault here as sometimes the codes just need to be cleared out to correct issues like this here.If a code comes back again then it will need diagnosed to locate and repair the fault then the code cleared out to correct this issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete