VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

VW

Hard to start in the morning. Once it starts it will die.

Customer Question
Have to restart again, it...
Hard to start in the morning. Once it starts it will die. Have to restart again, it will run for awhile and die again. After a few more times it will idle. I'll try to accelerate it will stall. After idling for awhile it will start and stop normally. What could be the problem? I have already replaced crankshaft positioning sensor. Can you help?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: VW
1/13/2016
VW Mechanic: gomi_otaku, VW Technician replied 1 year ago
gomi_otaku
gomi_otaku, VW Technician

Is the immboilizer light coming on at all? (car with a key in it)

Do you have a check engine light on, once you have it running?

Does it take a long time cranking before it starts? If so, could you try holding the gas pedal to the floor while cranking until it starts, and see if that changes anything?

vwnewton
vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced