vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

Hard to start in the morning. Once it starts it will die.

Customer Question

Hard to start in the morning. Once it starts it will die. Have to restart again, it will run for awhile and die again. After a few more times it will idle. I'll try to accelerate it will stall. After idling for awhile it will start and stop normally. What could be the problem? I have already replaced crankshaft positioning sensor. Can you help?
Category: VW
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 1 year ago.

Is the immboilizer light coming on at all? (car with a key in it)

Do you have a check engine light on, once you have it running?

Does it take a long time cranking before it starts? If so, could you try holding the gas pedal to the floor while cranking until it starts, and see if that changes anything?