gomi_otaku
gomi_otaku, VW Technician
Experience:  VW FastTrack '00-'01, VW Academy Chicago and Seattle '00-present, VW Certified
12249065

Matt. my lights wont shut off on the drivers side of my car

Customer Question

Customer: matt. my lights wont shut off on the drivers side of my car after I set the alarm. and now they are just staying on
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i hit the alarm button on my 2002 vw Passat and the lights on the driver side do not blink off
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to VW Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: VW
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 1 year ago.

Make sure you don't have the turn signal on, or the system may operate like European "curb lights" and leave one side on. If the turn signal is not on, try disconnecting the battery terminals, and then touching the CABLE ENDS together to discharge any stored memory in all the modules to reset them. This should take care of the comfort module, if this does not do it, and it only happens when you lock the car up with the remote, then the comfort module is your issue.