VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

VW

I am looking to find and remove the TCM 1999 VW Beetle. I

Customer Question
I am looking to find...
I am looking to find and remove the TCM for my 1999 VW Beetle. I was told to start with removing the center dash piece but I am not sure. Can you help me out?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: VW
1/4/2016
VW Mechanic: AZTechBrian, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
AZTechBrian
AZTechBrian, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. Does this picture help you? I will try to find you a picture that gives a better idea of how to get to it, but basically lift the hood, remove the defroster duct and it is on the passenger side of the plenum.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5o5y57t8v3tzygc/tcml.jpg?dl=0

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Please accept my apology. I can not get to your answer. I have no key to the drop box you sent me to.I would suggest you just type it in as best you can and we will call it a day.Thanks

You don't need a key or anything. sometimes it prompts you to create an account, but you don't have to. Please try again. You can view them. The best way i can describe it is in the plenum on the passenger side. It is accessed from outside the car by removing cover and defroster duct. The pictures i sent explain it well.

Have you been able to open the links? If not let me know and I can submit an offer to email them to you instead.

Please remember to rate me. If I am not rated then I do not get credit for helping you. If you are unable to rate me above 3 stars please let me know so I can do what I can to assist you further. Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello Brian,I have tried to open your links as well as copy, paste and open, but each time it indicates that it is invalid. I would like to request an email with the answer instead of attempting to open another link.Thank you!Jeff

OK. I will submit an offer for as inexpensive as I can. after you accept the offer you can provide me with your email address in the contact information section and your email will be kept private. I will email them to you immediately. I don't have access to your email otherwise and this forum is public.

VW Mechanic: Chris(aka-Moose), VW Technician replied 1 year ago
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), VW Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I'm an independent contractor here at Just Answer.

The prior tech has opted out, would you like me to help?

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), VW Technician