sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

The alarm scan test is something I can do myself? If so, and

Customer Question

The alarm scan test is something I can do myself? If so, and it's inconclusive, what are other options? I'm considering disabling the alarm altogether. Thoughts?
Category: VW
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The scan tool testing is something you could do yourself if you had a scan tool capable, but I'm assuming that you do not.

If it's a factory security system that's in question it isn't something that could be disabled.

What year and model is the vehicle and what is the actual problem you're trying to diagnose?