Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician
Experience:  Senior VW Master Tech 15 yrs
19871424

My name is ***** *****
, I own a 07 GTI 2.0L. It keeps

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I own a 07 GTI 2.0L. It keeps stalling out but will restart after about 20 mins. No Vw service center in my area. Took it to a local garage that I have used for maintenance. They put their code reader on it and got 1 code for manifold runner, 2 for low fuel pressure, 2 for high fuel pressure. They cleared the codes and I took the car, Next day the car stalled again and the EPC light came on, I got it started and it ran rough for a few seconds while on my way home, once in the driveway it died. Problem only happens when engine is up to temp. Any suggestions? G
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to VW Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: How long a wait?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang, Master VW technician, here to help!!
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.

on your vehicle you will need to start to replace the fuel tank pump and the fuel pump control module that is located right next of the in tank fuel pump. once done clear the faults and the road test the vehicle . you may have a compounded issue but the stall is the low tank pump and module!!

anything else?

if not.....

I try to be online 365 days a year.

I only earn a paycheck when a customer rates me Ok, Good, Excellent.

This rating is VERY IMPORTANT! Your rating compensates me on my time and my expertise on your issue!

A lot of the repair information and fixes are hard to come by!!

So please rate me above!!!! Bonuses are also greatly appreciated!!!

If I have not addressed your original question to your liking yet, I hope you will reply and continue working with me, since your charged the full question value, regardless if you rate negative or not at all. If you rate me now, do not worry, you can still reply later to me.

Thanks

Wolfgang