Kevin
Kevin, VW Mechanic
Experience:  Diagnostic technician at vw/ audi specialist
84635724

I have a 2000 new beetle that quit charging, the only codes

Customer Question

I have a 2000 new beetle that quit charging, the only codes i get are po411 and p1136 these may be a result of the charging issue?could there be a relay or if it was brushes could or would it happen very suddenly?
Category: VW
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Hi im kevin this is likely just the alternator has failed.alternators always fail with little or no warning and is most likely the cause .the codes could be as a result of low voltGe

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can i get by with changing brushes, may be able to do that with minimal tear down?
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Possibly it really does depend on what part of the alternator has failed .you would need to remove and strip alternator anyway.i work in garage in uk and we personally dont get customers asking for rebuilds so we dont really get involved in rebuilding them .but im sure this is the cause of your problem

Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Please rate my service and come back to me if you need anything else at all