Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs.
7276279

I have a 2002 Passat and the engine stays on, the coolant

Customer Question

Customer: Hi I'm Le. I have a 2002 Passat and the engine stays on, the coolant light comes on more frequently. I went to the Autozone to get it scanned and afterwards the EPC light came on and my car is running sluggish. Before the EPC came on I had no problems accept the Engine and coolant light. I got it checked at a FLOW service center and they gave my list of work that needs to be done of $6k+. I only had the car for two weeks at the time the EPC light came on. Please help!
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I don't know what to do. How do I get the EPC light off?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to VW Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: VW
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

When you had the system scanned can you tell us what the fault code and or codes are they should be setting. Post back with a complete list of them and I will try and help you determine the cause.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
P0420, P0011, P0688