vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

My EPC light comes on my car first the traction light will

Customer Question

My EPC light comes on my car first the traction light will come on and then the EPC light will come on and my car will go limp its been doing this on and off for month what can I do to make it to fix it
Category: VW
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can pull over and shut it off and turn it right back on and it usually stays off and runs great again
It is really doing this alot more often and sometimes feels like the motor is dropping out!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The best way to contact me is by texting me @(###) ###-####
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 1 year ago.

The first thing you need to do is scan the ECM for faults. You can get this done for FREE at any Autozone and a lot of other large chain parts stores.

I would suspect that it may be your Mass Air Flow sensor (MAF) but I hate to just throw expensive parts when you can get the faults read and pretty much know for sure what the issue is.

When you have the fault codes, post them here and we can diagnose it accurately.