gomi_otaku
gomi_otaku, VW Technician
Experience:  VW FastTrack '00-'01, VW Academy Chicago and Seattle '00-present, VW Certified
12249065

Well got a stupid one here. 2014 Jetta, 5 speed, base model.

Customer Question

Well got a stupid one here. 2014 Jetta, 5 speed, base model. Drivers side headlight low beam has no power to the bulb plug, it stopped working about 3 days ago. Check the voltage at the main plug to the light housing and with the head light switch on there is 11.xx volts on two of the wires. so the harness has power. the high beam works, just no low beam. I am trying to get the headlight out now, have it loose and next have remove the side of the bumper cover to get it all the way out to be able to see and check the wiring inside the headlight assembly.
Category: VW
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Ok, first thing I will need is the vin number so that I can pull the correct wiring diagrams for you. If no obvious cuts or breaks in the wiring, let me know and we will go thru the schematics and testing procedures.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
VIN: 3VW1K7AJ8EM352856No cuts or anything i can see, thats why i was pulling the head light assembly to try to get a better look inside, the voltage is there all the way to the main harness plug on the light assembly, the high beam works fine, just low beam that has no voltage to the bulb plug.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

sorry for the long delay, had severe storms and lost my internet connection. For some reason I dont have wiring diagram for the headlamps, but if you have power all the way to the assembly, then the assembly is defective, but I can opt out to see if another expert has the diagrams that can help confirm this

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's fine, can't help the weather. If the assembly is defective, do you know if they can be disassembled to fix the wiring? if someone has the diagram that would I believe would save me from taking the assembly out, to tear it apart, if what I need is a replacement assembly.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Not sure on the 2014 but on earlier ones you can disassemble to rewire although vw recommends replacing instead. I will opt out to see if another expert has the diagrams.

Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 1 year ago.

were you able to get this issue resolved or do you still need some help with it?