Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician
Experience:  Senior VW Master Tech 15 yrs
19871424

I need to locate the camshaft position sensor. I was told

Customer Question

I need to locate the camshaft position sensor. I was told there are two and I can only find one of them, which I have replaced. The car remains in limp mode with only the 1,3,5 cylinders functioning
Category: VW
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have replaced the cam sensor on the driver side of the vehicle. I have also replaced the crankshaft sensor. I cannot figure out how to activate the 2,4,6 valves and the car remains in limp mode. When the diagnostic machine is hooked up, it shows ransoms misfires in 2,4,6 but those cylinders are not functioning. How do I resolve this situation! Please help!!
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.

i do need a vin # ***** the vehicle to get the repair information.

do you have vag com?

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The vin number is ***** I do not have vag.com no
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

there is only one camshaft position sensor. what is the exact code # ***** is is stored? p1340?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you know of any reason that my 2,4,6 cylinders are not working at all? I replaced the head gasket and had the head decked. The car just shows random misfires and in those cylinders that are not running. Please help me!! The car is stuck in "limp mode" I need the car to run before the winter comes in!
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

please look at phone call offer!!

thanks