VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

VW

We can't get the clock to stay on time just keeps going back

Customer Question
Customer: we can't get the...
Customer: we can't get the clock to stay on time just keeps going back to 12 when you turn off the car
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: 2006 vw jetta - when I set the clock and drive the car the time stays correct. when I turn off the car and get back in the clock was 12:00. it is not keeping the memory of setting the clock.
JA: OK got it. Last thing – JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to VW Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: if it solves the issue we have no problem paying the $18
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: VW
10/16/2015
VW Mechanic: Wolfgang, VW Master Technician replied 2 years ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician

Hi I do need the vin# ***** get repair info of your vehicle. Thanks

vin number 3vws671k26m766070

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.

ok you need to check for fuses blown or missing on the left dash fuse box. make sure on every missing fuse slot that there are not 2 terminals in each slot and if you do fine one that has 2 terminals and no fuse a fuse needs to be there. let me know which slot and i can help on what amperage fuse must go there!!

vwnewton
vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced