VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

I changed the right sidelight on my 2012 Tiguan and yet the…

Customer Question
I changed the right sidelight...
I changed the right sidelight on my 2012 Tiguan and yet the dash bulb warning continues to appear. How is this remedied?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: VW
10/13/2015
VW Mechanic: vwtech0405, VW Technician replied 2 years ago
vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician

Have you checked to see if any another are out?

all other bulbs are fine

Did the blown out bulb start working after replacement ? Also does the dash say anything about a AFS being out ?

the new bulg worked. And twice the AFS message has shown up=what does that mean?
The AFS didn't come on yesterday-just the bulb icon in the tachometer screen

Ok you more then likely have a AFS bulb that is out this bulb is located in the headlamp assembly they come on only when you make turns its used to help when turning , turn the truck on put the vehicle in drive and have someone check the lights while you turn the steering wheel at the way to each side each bulb should come on which ever side does not come on the bulb is bad very common issue . I hope this helps.

Please dont forget to provide feedback for the help provided thank you