VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

VW

I have a 2007 jetta 2.5 automatic. It is stuck in park the

Customer Question
trction control light is stuck...
I have a 2007 jetta 2.5 automatic. It is stuck in park the trction control light is stuck on the press brake pedal light is off i replace the brake light switch and there is no power getting to the solenoid conected to the shifter, and i keep getting the code U0101, can i get some help?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: VW
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/3/2015
VW Mechanic: Jared D, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician

This is a tough switch to diagnose without a good scan tool. Here is the fault tree that VW recommends you follow:

1. Inspect fuses: SC6, SC14, SC18 and SC39 (fuses 6, 14, 18 and 39) in the fuse box at the left end of the dash.

2. Check for any obvious signs of spills or damage to the shifter area. If it looks like any drinks or food has been spilled, teardown will be necessary to inspect the wiring and components for the Tiptronic Switch F189 and Shift Lock Solenoid N110.

3. With a factory compatible scan tool, make sure that communication with the Transmission Control Module (TCM) is possible.

A. If communication can not be established, diagnosis has to start here.

4. Make sure that the TCM is recognizing the Brake Light Switch input.

A. Select Address Word 02-Gearbox Electronics (Auto. Trans.).

B. Select Function 08-Read Measuring Value Blocks (MVB).

C. Enter Display Group 009. The 1st piece of information should be the brake switch input to the TCM.

D. Enter Display Group 011. The 1st piece of information should be the brake switch input also.

5. Make sure the TCM is recognizing proper shifter position.

C. Enter Display Group 004. The 1st piece of information should show the selector lever position from the F189 switch.

D. Enter Display Group 009. The 3rd piece of information should show the F189 reading as well.

6. Check to see if the TCM is trying to operate the N110 solenoid.

C. Enter Display Group 011. The 2nd piece of information should show the condition of the N110 solenoid.

7. If all of the readings are correct but the shifter still will not move out of park, tear down and inspection of the wiring, connectors and components of the F189 and N110 will be needed.

This is the fault tree for U0101:

1. Check fuses SC2, SC14 and SC30 (fuses 2, 14 and 30 in the fuse box at the left end of the dash).

2. Inspect the wiring and connector into the Transmission Control Module (TCM). Check for any signs of damage, moisture, corrosion, etc.

A. The TCM is located in the left front wheel housing.

3. Verify the power supply into the TCM. Check the circuits in a loaded state to ensure no voltage drops are present.

A. Pin T52/3 Red/Yellow (RO/GE) should have B+ present at all times. This power comes from fuse SC14.

B. Pin T52/27 Black/Blue (SW/BL) should have B+ present with the key in the ON and CRANK positions. This power comes from fuse SC30.

C. Pin T52/28 Black/Blue (SW/BL) should have B+ present with the key in the ON and CRANK positions. This power comes from fuse SC30.

4. Verify the ground supply into the TCM. Check the circuits in a loaded state to ensure no voltage drops are present.

A. Pin T52/1 Brown (BR) should be a good ground at all times. This pin goes to ground at Ground Connection 655 on the left headlamp.

B. Pin T52/2 Brown (BR) should be a good ground at all times. This pin goes to ground at Ground Connection 655 on the left headlamp.

5. Verify the communication wires into the TCM.

A. Pin T52/46 Orange/Black (OR/SW) is the CAN-High bus. There should be 2.5-3.5 volts present on this pin with the key in the ON position.

B. Pin T52/34 Orange/Brown (OR/BR) is the CAN-Low bus. There should be 2.5-1.5 volts present on this pin with the key in the ON position.

C. Pin T52/9 Grey/White (GR/WS) is the K-Line wire. There should be continuity from this pin to pin T16/7 Grey/White (GR/WS) at the Data Link Connector (DLC).

6. If all power, ground and communication circuits are okay but there is no scan tool communication with the TCM, an internal issue with the module is indicated.

A. If the TCM is to be replaced, it will need to be coded for proper operation in the vehicle.

I just wanted to see if you needed any additional information. Also, I would appreciate a positive rating if I have been of any assistance. Thanks!

Jared D
Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician