Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), VW Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 2006 VW jetta with climatronic and there is no

Customer Question

I have a 2006 VW jetta with climatronic and there is no blower operation. When i dial the knob its suppose to light up lights for what speed its on but it doesnt at all.
Category: VW
Expert:  Chris(aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Can you unplug the blower and hot wire it to the battery power and ground, we first need to make sure the blower does work?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If you look at the diagram it shows the blower has 12v all the time and has solid state electronics to turn it on and vary the speed. My Autel Maxisys can turn the blower on through the climatronic module so I know the blower motor works. the A/C/defrost/recir/mode buttons and blower knob are inop. but the dual auto temp knobs let you set the temperature you want and it shows on the display. nothing else on the climate head (which is the module also) works or lights up. All fuses are good, i swapped relay I have seen people talk about it fixing... I'm a technician and next im checking power and grounds to the climate module... I assume its bad but its very expensive. it did set 2 codes 00532 00457 in the climate module.

Thanks for checking that. You are on the right track of checking the power and ground to the climate control. I assume you being a tech you do not need the wire colors or diagrams to do this but if you do can I get the engine and trim level so I can look over the correct diagrams.

-----------PLEASE READ THIS------------

1. First of all, thanks for using Just Answer, and Thanks for letting me try to help you.

2. Sorry about the wait, we try our best to get to everyone fast.

3. Do not mistake the above or following posts from me as my last one. We can ask each other many questions, and I can post many answers.

4. I base my response on what you tell me, I am not there to see, smell, or hear, so please factor that in.

5. On your screen you see a rating. That is how I'm paid from your deposit for helping you. I am going to keep checking in on you to make sure your pleased with my help. Let me know if your planning to rate at a later date if not now.

6. If you decide to rate BAD it doesn't result in a refund, please respond first so I can help more.

7. I'm here normally 3pm-3am central everyday. Thanks again, Chris (aka-Moose)