gomi_otaku
gomi_otaku, VW Technician
Experience:  VW FastTrack '00-'01, VW Academy Chicago and Seattle '00-present, VW Certified
12249065

I have vw passat cc 2012 it stayed in the car park months

Customer Question

I have vw passat cc 2012 it stayed in the car park for 3 months when I came back from vacation I switched it on without any cables or charging it switched on normally the red steering wheel went red on the dash board and was stiff I took it to the workshop shop it is giving me on the steering assist option code 00003 contol module pin coding
I tried adaption basic setting on a diagnostic computer it did not work it is my workshop so I'm working on the diagnostic computer
Category: VW
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like to know how to code it
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 1 year ago.

Three months is too long to go without driving, the battery will be dead-

But in any case- when you disconnect or discharge the battery, the steering will have a warning. You just need to drive it and perform a 90 degree turn to both the left and to the right. There is no coding necessary. In extreme cases, you may need to perform the basic settings for the system.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did that I did the basic settings it did not work I put another bosch code scanner it gave me control module short circuit
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 1 year ago.

With a fault like that, I would first check and clean up any connectors that may have oxidised when not in use, no electrical flow. Put dielectric grease on the fittings before reconnecting them.

Also, given the time it has been sitting, I would look for signs that mice have been in the engine bay, and may have chewed some wiring. They will often build a nest, and if wires are in the nest area will chew them down to bare wire and sever them or cause them to short to body panels or the engine block.