Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician
Experience:  Senior VW Master Tech 15 yrs
19871424

05 touareg fuel pressure drops as it runs till it dies. will

Customer Question

05 touareg fuel pressure drops as it runs till it dies. will restart . fuel pressure goes to 50 then slowly drops. both pumps are new as is the fuel filter housing. fuel filter housing was cracked was what started this problem. ran fine till fuel filter housing was replaced
Category: VW
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.

on the fuel filter assy were the hoses hooked up correctly? second you will have to have 2 volt meters and see if both pumps run at start up and do not lose voltage when it is the act of idling low and about to stall

is this a v6 or v8 please . vin # ***** be needed

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
fuel lines are different sizes on filter housing. all pumps are new and problem only started after filter housing was replaced because of a leaking housing. vin wvgbg77l45d016064
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

did you check on the voltage on both pumps while running?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no, I doubt a voltage issue since car ran fine with all original pumps and housing. just had a fuel leak
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

maybe one of the connections was not tight and popped off!! but to narrow down need to check all areas . so we can eliminate if there is a power problem, a feed problem , volume problem. just trying to do the easiest before going into the tank again!!

Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. its logical to diagnose and narrow down than just swap parts.