Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician
Experience:  Senior VW Master Tech 15 yrs
19871424

My sister's 09 Jetta 2.0 Turbo is consuming a lot of oil,

Customer Question

My sister's 09 Jetta 2.0 Turbo is consuming a lot of oil, cuts out is she accelerates hard at all. When it's running it's very difficult to remove the oil filler cap because there is so much suction. Once you get the cap off, the motor runs completely different.
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.

are there any evident oil leaks ? i do need a vin # ***** see which 2.0t you have . also do you have a check engine light on in the dash?

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I expected you'd need more info, I just didn't want to overload you in the first post. There are no visible leaks, and we recently had the heads rebuilt because of all the sludge that was built up. We replaced the crank case vent valve and the oil filler unit. There is a check engine light on and I haven't had it scanned to see what the code is yet. When we first replaced the vent valve it ran better for a few weeks but now has the exact same issues. VIN is 3VWRJ71K98M186284
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

yes i would need the scan test codes to see if they are related or not .

Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

how many miles on the vehicle?