sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Tot a 2010 VW ROUTEN SE and the driver side sliding door is

Customer Question

Hi guys , tot a 2010 VW ROUTEN SE and the driver side sliding door is not fully sealing when closed , you can hear the traffic a and noise outside.
It operates normaly but You can see that the upper left side is a good quarter inch not flush with the body when closed . The bottom right side looks almost flush when closed .
Is there any adjustments I can do to correct it ?
Category: VW
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The problem may be with striker adjustment, door adjustment or physical damage to components, or it could be a latch issue. It sounds as if the problem may be with the door itself based on your description, if just the top of the door at one end isn't closing then the door is most likely bent.

Are you able to upload a picture of the door in the closed position?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I managed to do some adjustment to the electric hinge and also the trimming was coming off the glass giving the impression that the door is not fully aligned on top .
The inner seal was coming off too , letting air noise coming through , so I had to glue it back to the frame .Its all good again , thanks .

I'm glad you got it fixed!